Regional PartnershipS (REPS)
The REgional PartnershipS (REPS) are forums that were established in February and March 2015 that will operate at regional levels across Wales. The groups will be an opportunity for PGA Professionals and other club staff and/or volunteers to come together and discuss golf in their region. They are the perfect opportunity for you to share best practice, concerns and work together to improve golf in your region. The REPS will also become an integral factor in supporting and initiating actions to drive participation and develop talent over that area.
The REPS group is a great way for local delivery partners to engage and identify challenges and solutions. The overall focus is to:
- Create an environment where all attendees can freely share ideas and learn from each other.
- Raise the profile of golf through the area
- Increase access to funding for golf
- Assist Golf Development Wales/Golf Union of Wales and partners to allocate resources appropriately and effectively
- To promote innovation with the aim of increasing participation in golf
- To discuss opportunities for collaboration within the area with regards to delivery of programmes and other approaches
- To advise Golf Development Wales and The Golf Union of Wales on the future planning of resources
- To ensure PGA Professionals, Club Managers and especially volunteers are accessing the highest possible level of support
North REPS Developments
The first ever North Wales REPS took place on Thursday 5th February at Conwy Golf Club. There were 32 people in attendance, coming from clubs from all over the region.
As a result, a number of clubs have now started working together on a festival project.
South REPS Developments
In the South region there were 3 individual REPS delivered in the East (Celtic Manor, South Central (The Vale) and the Valleys (Morlais Castle).
Sine these initial REPS meetings there have been working group meetings for all 3 regions with the focus on beginner competition and junior section structures.
Mid & West Developments
In the Mid and West there were 3 individual REPS, delivered in the South West (Machynys), West (Cardigan) and Mid (Rhayader).
Since these meetings there have been follow up meetings including one working group and one other to follow shortly. The focus here has again been competition for beginners as well as volunteer recognition.