Sport Wales Grants
Fancy £1500 towards your community sport project?
Community Chest offers grant of up to £1500 in any 12 month period for activities that:
- Encourage more people to become more active, more often
- Raises the standards of existing activities
Please note, applicants are able to claim a second £1500 if their application is based on one of the 2 priority areas. To be eligible they must demonstrate that their application either:
- Better prepares clubs to cater for interest generated via 2012; or
- Tackles inequality - BME, disability (inclusion), women and girls, social inclusion.
How to apply?
Community Chest is run in partnership with the 22 local authorities in Wales so you need to download an application form and submit it to your local authority. Visit www.sportwales.org.uk for an application form.
Are you looking to establish a new team, develop new training facilities or purchase much needed equipment to take your project to the next level?
If so, a grant of between £1,501 - £25,000 is available to cover all of the above projects as well as:
- Coach education
- Floodlighting for training purposes
- Purchase of land or rights in land to develop activity areas
- Start up grants to support new enterprises
How to apply?
If this grant sounds perfect for your project then why not get in touch with your nearest Sport Wales regional office who will happily discuss your project with you further or you can download an application form. Before completing your application form, please ensure you read the scheme guidance notes for further details and for all your contact information.
For further information on Sport Wales grants please visit www.sportwales.org.uk or call the Sport Wales Head Office, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, CF11 9SW Tel: 0845 045 0904 / Fax: 0845 846 0014